The Connecticut Digital Library (iCONN) provides online access to journals, magazines, newspapers, and ebooks/encyclopedias to all Connecticut residents for free. Select to find a title list of the publications accessible in Connecticut.
iCONN highlights for educators:
* A flyer describing Science and Math content,
* Freely accessible web resources in mathematics and science,
* The Professional Collection is a database focuses on publications related to education.
* Learning Activities created by CT library media specialists and designed to correlate with CT curriculum standards for various grade levels and subject areas. Please feel free to contribute activities that you've developed using iCONN databases!
* A Schools ToolKit designed to support the use of iCONN's resources in your classroom. Go to: http://www.iconn.org/siteindex.aspx > Scroll down to: Training > Click on: Schools Toolkit CD (in ZIP - 135MB)
Access iCONN directly from any library or school in Connecticut. If you are working at home, use your CT public library card number to login.
iCONN is administered by the Connecticut State Library in conjunction with the State Department of Higher Education. It is authorized and funded by the Connecticut State Legislature.