USAC/SLD Vice President Mel Blackwell announced during a training conference last week to anticipate the filing window for E-Rate to open this year again in mid-November.
Remember: There are a few things which should be accomplished prior to November.
Please be sure you have the following and be prepared to file your first form on or about the first of November 1, 2007 for the new 2008 year.
1. Start an E-Rate Filing system.
2. Update your grantee profile. Information Memorandum ACF-IM-HS-07-04 – Information Verification Request.
3. Register with the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) if you have not already done so. To register online: https://svartifoss2.fcc.gov/coresWeb/publicHome.do and follow the steps.
4. Obtain Entity Numbers - contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance with entity numbers.
5. Ask questions now.
6. Complete new Technology Plan or review your existing plan. The plan must be in writing before you file the first form. Ask for help if you need assistance. Contact email@example.com.
You should file for the 2008 year even though you have not received a FCDL for 2007. Do not let time expire on information requests by PIA. Request extensions if PIA is waiting for additional information from you and time is about to expire. If you need assistance with PIA information requests please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.